The Best Advice I Have to Give

Here’s the best advice I have to give, my top ten list. If you can take away most, or even a little, it will help to give you an advantage in what life has to offer.

  1. Do what you love, find your passion!
  2. Formal education gets you a job, self education gets you rich.
  3. Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.
    • Read (or listen) daily – The book that turned my life around was “The Happiness Advantage.”
    • Attend workshops, seminars and classes regularly.
    • Try, test, explore new things.
    • Don’t be afraid to FAIL. It’s how you learn.
    • NEVER stop learning.
  4. Find someone who inspires you, a mentor, learn from them. My favorite mentor is Jim Rohn.
  5. Don’t spend major time on minor things.
  6. What you don’t know will hurt you.
  7. Economics is MAJOR – it’s not what you earn, but what you do with what you earn!
    • Poor people spend their money and invest what’s left.
    • Rich people invest their money and spend what’s left.
    • Profits are better than wages.
    • NEVER spend more than 70% of what you bring home. Invest, save and give away the other 30%.
  8. Everyday jot down 3 things you are thankful for.
  9. Keep a journal, record what’s important and meaningful to you. Don’t rely on your memory.
  10. Be social, have many friends.
    • Your inner circle is most important (family and close friends).
    • Meet lots of people – helping you get the most life has to offer, is who you know!
A note about work: There are 3 types of work. If you find your calling, you will be blessed.
A. Job = Chore – Work because you have to. Paycheck is Reward.
B. Career = Work to advance and succeed.
C. Calling = View work as an end in itself. Work is fulfilling. Has meaning and purpose. Finds work rewarding.

Much of this is derived from my mentor, Jim Rohn. For that, I am extremely thankful. My only regret is not finding out about Jim earlier and being able to see him in person. However, many days he’s with me in my mobile learning center (my car) as I work on following my top ten.

Speak Your Mind

*